We currently do not have a way for more than one person to log into an account using their own credentials. To solve this issue, we have a process called multi factor authentication.
With multi factor authentication the secondary user(s) logs into EnCirca with the account holder's credentials but is then authenticated with their own security token provided by either Authy or Google on their mobile phone (because their cell number has been added into the system).
Once multi factor authentication is added to the account, the account holder will also use the Authy or Google app to complete the login.
- Updating your customer record
- Changing a domain's Name servers
- Updating Whois contact data
- Updating Name servers info
How does it work?
EnCirca uses a third-party software app called AUTHY to implement its 2FA service. This app may be downloaded and installed on nearly any mobile device, including: Android, Apple, Blackberry, OSX, Windows and Linux.
We also use Google Authenticator, which can also be downloaded on your mobile device.
When making changes to your domain name, you will be asked to enter the code you get from either Authy or Google.
To set up 2FA:
- Log in to https://manage20.encirca.com
- Click on the Security Settings link on the left-hand side.
FOR AUTHY (click on the Authy Authenticator tab)
- To add Authy authentication:
- Add your email, mobile phone number and name your device.
- Then, click the "Add" button
- Click "Continue" to complete the process.
- To add additional MFA Accounts, fill in the information and click on the "Add" Button.
- After you add an email/number, you will receive a text message to install and register the Authy app on your mobile phone.
- To delete an existing Authy account:
- click on the x button next to the name
- You will need your Authy authentication number to complete the deletion process
FOR GOOGLE AUTHENTICATOR (click on the Google Authenticator tab)
- To add Google authentication:
- Name your device then click the "Add" button.
- A popup will appear with a QR code.
- Go into your Google app and add a new account by scanning the barcode.
- Click "Continue". You will be prompted to add your Google code
- To delete an existing Google account:
- Click on the x button next to the name
- You will need your Google authentication number to complete the deletion process
Why Use MFA?
With the skyrocketing increase in the number of cyber attacks in recent times, EnCirca two-factor authentication provides a strengthened form of security for your smartphone, your online accounts such as your bank account, etc. This will prevent unauthorized users from gaining access to your accounts and important information on your website.
You can become an unsuspecting victim if you use the same password or pin on more than one website. And if you are hacked, your website can be impaired.
However, with the aid of EnCirca two-factor authentication service, you will have extra security for your accounts or information.
EnCirca two-factor authentication service involves;
- A password that you can easily remembe
- A text code sent to your device
- Biometrics such as your fingerprint or retina eye scan.
EnCirca two-factor authentication service is easy to set up, and it is an effective method to protect you from cyber attacks.