To ensure customers are aware of pending expirations of their domain
names, EnCirca sends email notices to its customers. EnCirca will also
attempt to contact customers if email notices are returned as undelivered due to inaccurate customer information.
Upon a domain reaching its expiration date without a renewal, the domain name registration is deemed terminated.
* Transfer to another registrar is not permitted following the expiration date.
* Upon expiration, EnCirca will provide a ten (10) day grace period for customers wishing to renew.
* Three (3) days after the expiration date, the nameservers for the
domain will be changed. This will disrupt any website or email addresses
associated with the domain. Customers noticing this change and wishing
to renew will have another seven (7) days to renew their domain.
* Ten (10) days after the expiration date, the domain will be
removed from the customer's account and their contact information
removed from the Whois contacts. Customers will receive email
notification of this account move. Customers wishing to renew their
domain after this point will need to pay an extra recovery fee.
* EnCirca may elect to delete the domain, auction or transfer
ownership of the domain to a third party at any time following ten (10)
days after the expiration date. If EnCirca elects to delete the domain
name, this may occur at any time between ten (10) and forty (40) days
following the expiration date.
* If a name is deleted, then the customer of record, as of the
expiration date, is permitted to recover the domain name by paying
EnCirca a Restore fee within thirty (30) days following the date of