EnCirca keeps a number of customer/contact records for your account and domain:
- Customer Handle is the contact info for the person who owns the account. This information is private and is used for account updates.
- Contact Handles are public and viewable in the Whois search for a domain. These handles include Registrant, Admin, Tech and Billing contacts.
So when updating your customer/contact information, remember to update all the ones applicable.
Updating Whois contact handle:
2) Your list of domains should appear.
3) Click the contact handle you need to modify (e.g., ENCIRCA-xxxxx).
4) Click Modify.
5) If you are changing the address and phone number, type the info and hit continue and submit.
6) If you are changing the registrant name, organization and email address, click CHANGE REGISTRANT.
7) Type the new information.
8) Remove the check from the checkbox to opt out of the 60-day lock.
9) Check 'Send Email to Losing Contact' and then commit.
NOTE: If the losing contact (losing email address) is not working, change email preference to "Request override due to unreachable Losing Contact"
10) The losing contact will receive an email with a link to enter the PIN provided in the email.
NOTE: If override is selected in step 9, contact Support to confirm.
11) The new registrant email contact will receive an email with a link and PIN to finalize the update.
Updating the customer records:
2) Under ‘Customer Record’, click ‘List Customer’, then click on the Customer link (CUST-XXXX)
3) At the bottom of the screen, click on "Modify"
4) Enter the new email address, password, and put “Y” in the Registration Agreement field. Click the "Continue" button.
5) Enter the new email address, password, and put “Y” in the Registration Agreement field. Click the "Continue" button. 6) If you are a bank, you may also need to add your MFA token, then "Confirm"