Order your SSL
Want to keep your domain protected? You need to purchase and install an SSL certificate. At EnCirca, we offer Geotrust certificates and Symantec certificates.
- For an overview of the certificates we offer, visit https://hosting.encirca.com/ssl-options.php
- Choose the SSL certificate that you want.
- Add to Cart
- Next, select the quantity and years/period for which you want to place the order.
- Fill the form and Checkout.
Once you've ordered your SSL certificate, you need to be validated by the SSL Company.
Validate Your Information
You need to prove that the domain is yours and that you are a legitimate business. There are 2 steps to this process.
First, Obtain a CSR for your Domain
A CSR or Certificate Signing request is a block of encrypted text that is generated on the server that the certificate will be used on. It contains information that will be included in your certificate such as your organization name, common name (domain name), locality, and country. You may need to request this from your hosting service. For more information, see an overview here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certificate_signing_request
Then, Validate your SSL Certificate
- Login to hosting.encirca.com . You should see a list of your products.
- Click on the certificate and you will be able to add:
- csr document
- domain name
- whois contact email
- contact preferences for your domain authentication
- Once your information is entered, you will need to validate that you can manage your domain. For extended validation certs, you may also need to validate your company.
- If you chose DNS verification, you may need to update your DNS with a text record.
- If you chose email verification, you may need to click on an email to validate your domain.
- For extended validation, you may also receive a validation email or phone call from the SSL certificate vendor (ie Geotrust or Symantec).
Install your SSL Certificate
After the verification process is completed, you should receive your SSL Certificate by email. You can also download it at hosting.encirca.com.
This cert should be given to your hosting provider to install and check. You may also be given a logo to place on your site to verify its security.