Before initiating a transfer, you must unlock your domain and generate an authcode.
- Go to https://manage20.encirca.com
- Log in using your EnCirca username and password
- Click Manage Domains, then click on the domain name you wish to transfer.
- This will bring up a summary of the domain record
- Click on slider under the "Transfer Lock Status" to unlock the domain
- Next, go to the link under "Auth Code" to generate a new code
- You will be given a new authcode. Copy and save this code. You will need to enter it at your new registrar during the transfer process.
Once you have successfully initiated a transfer request, expect a confirmation request from your new registrar. EnCirca will not send you a confirmation. We do not approve nor deny outgoing transfers. They should be processed within 5 days once the two steps above are completed and the transfer is initiated.
Allow five days for the transfer to process after you confirm the request with your new registrar.
Note: Many web hosting providers will recommend you transfer your domain to them and may even include this in the monthly fee. We recommend you do not do this. It will limit your flexibility and result in downtime if you choose to switch webhost providers later. Instead, you should switch your nameservers to point to your website provider's nameservers. This can be done for free via your EnCirca account.
- To prevent fraudulent transfers, all domains are locked by default. You must login to your account to unlock your domain before you initiate a transfer or else the transfer will be rejected. For security reasons, EnCirca will not do this for you.
- Domains can not be unlocked if a transfer request is pending. If you have initiated a transfer request on a locked domain, you must wait until the transfer request fails before you can unlock your domain.
- Outgoing Transfers are not allowed within 60 days of initial registration, incoming transfer or owner transfer.
- All outgoing transfers are initiated via the "gaining" Registrar. Make sure that your domain is unlocked first.
- Transfers are allowed to auto-complete within the five day window managed by the Registry. We do not "ack" any transfer requests.