EnCirca offers shared hosting and email to help you conduct your business. Most customers can use our shared email without any issues with their day to day communications.
However, there are some acceptable use policies around using shared hosting that users need to be aware of.
- Misuse of shared email can result in blacklisting of the email IP address for the shared hosting server.
- Email deliverability can be slowed or blocked because of violations, not just for you as one customer but for all other shared users on the server.
- Multiple violations of our terms will result in canceling your shared hosting account.
Shared hosting is best suited for user to user business or personal emails. Shared hosting is not a good fit for marketing email blasts to large numbers of customers.
For example, EnCirca’s shared hosting is rate-limited to 100 emails an hour. Any more than that, and the emails are held and not delivered. Multiple abuses of this rate can result in the emails deliverability being refused completely.
If you need to market to large groups, you should consider using a service like Sendgrid, Mailchimp, and Constant Contact to send out emails instead. Many customers use a mix of services: shared hosting for day to day communication and marketing services for email blasts to their customer base.
Outgoing emails should also not contain illegal or harmful content. Most harmful emails are easily identified and can be tagged as spam. Too much of these, and again, your emails will be blocked and can be refused.
But there’s another type of email that can be considered spam as well. Messages to your customers that were not requested by them or opted in by them are also considered spam.
Another advantage of marketing email services is that they protect your email deliverability by making opt-in and opt-out easy to implement.
Shared Email Violations
EnCirca specifies its Acceptable Use Policy regarding shared hosting, which can be found here: https://www.encirca.com/hosting-service-agreement/. The terms cover the issues above as well as others. Violations of these terms can result in termination of hosting privileges.
“If you violate the AUP… we may suspend or terminate your use of EnCirca’s hosting service.EnCirca may suspend or terminate your use of EnCirca’s hosting service.”
Our violation policy is as follows:
- Violation 1: Warning email sent to customer
- Violation 2: Email box that is in violation is suspended from sending/receiving for 3 days
- Violation 3: All customer email boxes suspended from sending/receiving for 3 days
- Violation 4: Shared email service is cancelled
In order to avoid suspension of your services, please read and abide by our shared hosting rules. If you have any questions about this article, please contact support.
Marketing Email Sending Options
- MailChimp: https://mailchimp.com/pricing/marketing/
- Constant Contact: https://www.constantcontact.com/pricing
- Sendgrid: https://sendgrid.com/en-us/pricing
- Mailgun: https://www.mailgun.com/pricing/